Although I refer to him quite a lot on here, I don’t share a lot of detail about him. I don’t really think it would be fair, because this is my blog and my choice to share my thoughts with the
world few people that read it. I shouldn’t really drag him into it.
But because it’s a special day, I’ll tell you a little bit about him and our marriage.
- We were very good friends for 2 years before we got together, so by the time we became a couple we already knew all the bad bits, the exes, etc!
- We’ve been together for 10 and a half years
- We moved in together after just 8 months (I didn’t wait for him to ask me, I told him I was moving into his flat – no point hanging about when you know it’s right!)
- We don’t have, or want, any children. It’s just “not us”
- We got married on a beach in Mauritius, just the two of us
- We had a “second wedding” the day after we got home for family and friends (a renewal of vows ceremony)
- He’s 7 years older than me, but just as silly and daft as I am
- He has long blonde hair, 2 full sleeve tattoos, wears earrings and looks NOTHING like when we got married!
- He owns a red sparkly Harley Davidson
- He’s a MASSIVE music geek, and knows the release year of pretty much everything ever, even stuff that’s not his genre
- He still makes my heart go boom-diddy
- He’s my best friend in the whole wide world
Here’s a picture of us on our wedding day.
And here’s one of us taken at Moseley Jazz Festival this summer.
Here are 10 of the (many) things I love about him:
- He’s seen me through some tough personal emotional and mental times, with more to come, and been my absolute rock
- He occasionally lets me plait his hair like he’s my own personal Girls World
- He thinks that wine cures everything and always tells me to have one more glass
- He always smells delicious, even after the gym
- He’s very very funny and daft and indulges me in silly in-jokes
- He uses the blonde girl in the orange jumper phone emoticon to represent himself when he texts me, because he knows it makes me smile
- He’s always got hair product I can borrow
- He’s tall so I can wear the highest heels, and has really manly broad shoulders to give good cuddles
- He loves clothes and always gives me good advice when I buy stuff (only if I ask for it, he’s not a control freak!)
- He accepts me, warts and all
The last one might be the most important of all. I’m not the easiest person in the world to be in a relationship with; I’m very untidy, I have too many parcels delivered, I can be short-tempered and irritable. My mental stability has been questionable in the past, I drink too much and I’m constantly nagging to go places and see stuff.
But somehow, it works. And it works brilliantly. And I hope we have many many more years to come.
I know he’ll read this at some point, so:
“I love you Husband!”