I saw this post on T is for Tina’s blog (check it out, it’s a lot of fun!), and being as I love talking about myself (just kidding…or am I?) I thought I’d have a go! After all, Tina invited anyone to get involved, and I’m doing the same to anyone who’s reading.
1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
It used to be straight when I was a kid, then I started having it permed (damn you early 90s) and since then it’s grown back curly. But it doesn’t dry well, it takes so long because it’s thick that it just ends up as frizz. When I’m on holiday and it dries quickly I often have it curly (except not any more because I cut it all off, doh).
2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
Anyone who’s read my blog in the past will know I’d rather stick forks in my eyes than go to the hairdresser. Plus I think it’s too expensive. Home-jobby all the way. (I did have it highlighted at a salon once and got yellow stripes, further strengthening my hairdresser fear)
3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
This year has been very transitional for me as I changed jobs and went from a corporate office to a very laid back smaller company with a casual dress code. So sometimes it’s jeans and a t-shirt, sometimes a shift dress and hi-tops (sport luxe darlings). In winter there’ll be lots of dresses with tights and boots. Outside of work I wear a lot hats. One at a time, obvs.
4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I’m very tight with spending money on other people doing stuff for me (I’d rather buy clothes) so I do it myself. Although it’s less of a mani/pedi and more slap some nail varnish on while I’m waiting for a taxi.
5. How often do you change your nail polish?
This is one of my bad beauty habits. I pick and chip it off or paint over it. It’s rare I properly remove polish. And then I just go bare nailed for a while. So there’s no set routine.
6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
Always have painted toenails. Always. They’re usually red. Currently orange. I do like to match them to my fingernails (I know that’s quite old school) but only if they’re on show, so mainly summertime.
7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
My morning routine is mega quick – maybe 5 minutes? I spend a bit longer if I’m going out, as I’ll apply darker eye shadow and more liner. Then the extra time is spent wiping the smudges and cursing.
8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Face. It just seems the natural order of things?
9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I buy what I need when I need it but also what I want when I want it and then I won’t always use it immediately which is why I have about 20 unused nail varnishes, oops! And I’ve always got multiple lipsticks on the go.
10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Never. I’d like to. But I find them so fiddly. I recently (well, about 4 months ago) bought an applicator thingy so I should really try again. If I do I’ll blog about it.
11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
I never really have what I call a full face of make up. Like I don’t use powder and contour and highlighter and all that stuff. My routine is easy – BB cream base, pencil my eyebrows, shadow, liner and mascara and a bit of cream blush.
12. Do you wear makeup when you’re home alone or with family?
If I’m at home at weekends with no plans I go completely bare faced.
13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Yes. I’ll go out with no make up; not “out” as in an occasion but I’ll go to the shops.
14. How many high-end products do you have?
None, I don’t see the point. I’m not a make up lover (I mean I love it, but I don’t love it love it) I’d rather spend my money on other stuff.
15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you’re getting dressed?
I’m not a planner. Which makes me late.
16. How often do you change your handbag?
Depends on my outfit and what colour shoes I’m wearing. Oh, and the season. I have some bags that I only use outside of work.
17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
I’ve never been a morning person and at weekends I used to sleep in late, but that seems to have changed recently. In the week I get up between 7.20 and 7.30 (closer to 7.30, or sometimes 7.40!) and go to bed about 11-ish. At weekends it depends on my plans and whereabouts (and, if I’m honest, amount of wine drunk).
18. How often or when do you workout?
No routine – I go through phases where I’m all like “yeah, this is it, I’m going to get fit and be in the best shape of my life” then other times I think stuff it. I’ve just rejoined the gym to try and lose weight for my holiday. Which is why I was at home eating pizza on Tuesday night!
19. Left handed or right handed?
20. How tall are you?
5.6. Up to 5.11 in heels! (benefits of having a tall husband, it was a pre-requisite!)
21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
Nope. I did well at languages at school, but never progressed past GCSE. I’d love to speak Spanish.
22. How many pets do you have?
None! Never have (unless you count the pre-requisite childhood goldfish). I’m not responsible enough.
23. How often are you on WordPress?
Most days, slightly less so at weekends.
24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
On my blog? Of course! (and reply). On other blogs? Sometimes. If I’m being nosy and the topic is of interest to me.
25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Yes. And I’ve found some nice bits and pieces that way too.
26. How did you come up with your blog name?
I knew that there was no way I could just blog about one thing, so it was always going to be a bit of this, that and the other, and I twisted “that” to “tatt” because I have tattoos.
27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
Just my phone (Samsung Galaxy A5). I don’t have the patience for anything more than point and click.
28. How often do you clean your house?
Not enough (depending on your definition of enough). There’s nicer things to do in life.
29. What’s your favorite colour?
I don’t have one. I find it a strange concept. It depends what it’s for. I mean, I quite like burgundy, but if my vegetables were that colour I’d be upset, y’know?
30. Do you swear?
Do I fu…
31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
What I’m paid for! (as in my actual job, I’m not positioning myself out there for offers)
If you do complete this nosy survey then be sure to let me know in the comments with a link, so I can check out your answers!