- Woke up alone, because the husband was away overnight with work
- Hunted high and low for missing paperwork (losing stuff in your own home is so damn stupid)
- Went to the supermarket
- Applied for a mortgage online
- Measured up our existing lounge compared to our “new” one (fingers crossed!)
But you know what else I’ve done?
- Got excited about the husband coming home
- Exchanged cards
- Drunk pink wine
- Kissed like teenagers (sorry!) > (not sorry!!)
- Listened to “our song” on repeat (only because Spotify was stuck, no joke!!)
There’s no right or wrong way to do Valentine’s Day. If you want to be all romantic and hearts and flowers, then that’s lovely. If you see it as “just another day”, that’s fine too. Somewhere in the middle? All power to ya!
Love is love is love. And everyone does love differently. Us? We do love with sarcasm, fun, daftness and the occasional bit of soppiness. I love and adore the husband with everything I have (except maybe shoes) and I have no doubt in my head or heart that he loves and adores me. That’s not being conceited, arrogant or smug. That’s the power of emotion, the power of cuddles that convey feelings, and the power of never going to bed / waking in the night / leaving home without saying I love you.
And maybe the power of wine!
How was your Valentine’s Day? I’d love to know!
Thanks, as always, for reading. x