I have been invited by Renna at Renna’s Discoveries to tell you about myself in the Infinity Dream Awards.
I’ve only just “discovered” Renna’s blog (geddit!) but it’s full of nice things she finds in every day life.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who tagged you for this award
- give us 11 facts about you.
- answer 11 questions the blogger who tagged you asked.
- make 11 questions for the bloggers you going to tag.
- And tag other bloggers.
11 facts about me
- I have 4 less teeth than the average adult, as there wasn’t enough space and I had to have them taken out when I was 12 (people who know me find it hard to believe that my mouth wasn’t big enough!)
- I didn’t have my first kiss until I was 16.
- I kind of believe in magic. I know it’s not supposed to be real, but c’mon! I’ve seen Dynamo live and there’s some sorcery type schizzle going on there!
- I have two small scars on my stomach from wearing a Slendertone exercise belt for too long.
- Half of my back is tattooed.
- I have a phobia of baked beans.
- I don’t have a middle name.
- I always cut my own hair.
- I have a severe dust allergy.
- My right nipple is pierced.
- I was at my Mom and Dad’s wedding (which was a pretty big deal in those days) and I’ve since been bridesmaid to both of them as they’ve married other people.
Here are Renna’s 11 questions for me:
1. What’s your favourite breakfast?
I don’t really love traditional breakfast stuff, so I’d go for something like a Mexican breakfast burrito, or cheese and onion on toast with tinned tomatoes.
2. What kind of exercise do you do in the week?
Not much! I’ve been walking on my lunch hour a couple of times recently and I go to the gym sporadically. Very sporadically.
3. Do you have any pets currently, or have you ever had pets?
I don’t have any pets as the upkeep would be too much for me, I’m not a great looker afterer! I had multiple goldfish when I was a little girl, but they kept dying (including one that jumped out of the bowl and fried in the early morning sun on the windowsill!) And I had a rabbit for a day but my Dad made us take it back because he said the foxes would get it.
4. What would you like to achieve in the next 6 months?
Honestly, I’m pretty ok with how things are, I don’t really have any short term ambitions. I have a lot of stuff going on in my personal life right now, so that’s all my brain can cope with.
5. Give us a story from one of your best holidays abroad.
Oh, so many! The first one that comes to mind is when I was in our favourite place in Greece with my husband for our 5th wedding anniversary and we cooked breakfast together and ate it on the top floor balcony of our apartment with a bottle of champagne. It doesn’t sound much but the memory never fails to make me smile and give me goosebumps. It was just perfect. The other one would be seeing Motley Crue perform outdoors on Sunset Strip in Hollywood complete with Tommy Lee’s drum rollercoaster.
6. What books are you reading currently?
I can only read one book at a time. I’m reading Life Lessons from the East End by Danny Dyer.
7. What’s the best thing on TV at the moment?
I don’t watch much TV. I prefer box sets, but I’m always behind! My favourite ever series were Californication and Sons of Anarchy. Both incredibly addictive.
8. Do you have a restaurant recommendation that you can share?
My favourite restaurant is the Moroccan where I live. It’s called La Fibule and it’s amazing; I’ve never had a bad meal there. Their tagines and mussels and…well…everything. Divine. Failing that, Aggeliki’s in Stoupa,on the Greek Mainland (one of my favourite places in the world). Their lamb kleftiko is to die for.
9. Is there something you would really like to do, but don’t know if its even possible. ie. I would like to walk from Brighton to Edinburgh.
I can’t think of anything. I have lots of stuff in life I want to do, mainly travel related, but I don’t feel the need to push myself to extremes because I know my own limits (and they’re not very big!)
10. What are you doing at 5.30pm during the week?
Logging off my computer and getting ready for my 30 mile drive home.
11. What is your most viewed blog post?
One I wrote about Transgender Equality when the press reported on Bruce Jenner’s gender reassignment surgery last year.
And here are my questions!
What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
What is the top destination on your travel bucket list?
Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
What’s your earliest childhood memory?
What’s your dream job?
What’s your biggest regret in life so far?
Who would you like to meet – dead or alive?
If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be?
Have you ever fallen over in public?
Do you have a celebrity crush, and who are they?
What’s your favourite film?
Finally, my 11 nominations:
Tea is for Tina
A Beautiful Thing
The Undateable Girl’s Diary
Tea and takeaways
Coffee & Bubbles
Hannah’s Cloud 9
Skinny Jeans & Jelly Beans
And of course anyone else who’d like to get involved; let me know if you do by leaving me a comment.
Thanks, as always, for reading! x