I like stuff. And I like choice. I also like to be happy with my appearance, because not being happy with the way I look can affect my enjoyment of an experience. Sad but true.
So, when I go anywhere, I take as much stuff with me as is feasibly possible. So that I have choice when I get there. None of this capsule wardrobe/one colour palette/3 outfits for 3 days nonsense.
Case in point was this weekend. Travel Thursday / travel back Sunday. Leaving only 2 full days to dress for, and 3 nights out. Here’s a summary of what I took:
- 2 vest tops for layering
- 4 jumpers
- A hoodie
- 2 70s style blouses (hate that word, but not sure how else to descibe them?!)
- A t-shirt
- 2 pairs of leather look leggings
- 1 pair of standard leggings
- 2 pairs of skinny jeans
- 1 pair of coated skinnies
- Pair of white skinnies (in March? What was I thinking????!!!!)
- High waisted black denim shorts (to wear with tights, I’m not completely barking)
- Leather look sleeveless top
- Sleeveless oversized band tee
- Sleeveless chiffon top
- A dress
- Long sleeve chiffon shirt
- 70s style fluffy knit waistcoat
- Pair of tartan trousers
- 4 pairs of boots (1 for daytime/3 for evening)
- 4 coats (leopard fur/leather bomber/heavy jersey military/lightweight leather biker)
Plus the t-shirt/boyfriend jeans/hi-tops I travelled up in on Thursday.
Ridiculous, no? That’s the trouble/bonus of travelling by car – no weight or space restrictions, so you can cram EVERYTHING in!
A good point I think?