I’m back from my South East Asia adventures, in Malaysia!
Miss me? No? Didn’t even realise I was gone? Awkward!!
Malaysia was, as expected, pretty epic. We crammed in a whole heap of stuff during our visit, and I have a whole heap of photos and blog posts to write about things we did but, until then, here are some facts and highlights of our hol!
- Our trip was for 9 days / 8 nights, during which time we flew 21,870 miles on 4 different flights.
- Stayed in Batu Ferringhi on Penang Island, and Kuala Lumpur on the mainland, also visiting George Town and Air Itam in Penang, and Gombok just outside KL.
- “Lived” in 2 hotels, one on the 14th floor and the other on the 25th floor
- Had an amazing meal for just 80 pence
- Spent more on a glass of wine than 2 skirts from the market
- Paddled in the sea
- Took a ride in a trike covered in fairy lights blasting out “Staying Alive” by the BeeGees
- Visited 5 temples, 1 mosque, 2 caves and 2 towers
- Took a funicular railway to 833 metres above sea level and looked down on the city below
- Ate Chinese, Malaysian and Indian food from places that you wouldn’t touch with a barge pole in the UK, but were some of the tastiest food ever!
- Walked 120km, climbed up hundreds of steps, went to the 86th floor of the tallest twin towers in the world, and stood 421 metres above ground level on a glass floor in the KL tower (not all in one day!)
- Got punched by a monkey (more on that in a future post!)
I hope everyone is doing well – let me know what’s been going on with you!
Thanks, as always, for reading. x